The Garrett Stock Replacement Turbocharger offers a superior replacement option for your 2004-2005 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke. This turbocharger is 100% new and is not rebuilt or remanfactured like the Ford sourced units from your local dealer. A new Garrett turbocharger is a superior product versus independently remanufactured units. Only a brand new turbocharger guarantees having all the latest engineering updates needed for longer service life.
- Compressor Wheel Garretts compressor wheel testing dictates 1 million cycles prior to introduction. This testing prevents issues such as low cycle fatigue (hub burst/ wheel splitting in half). A wheel may exceed life expectancy but is at risk for premature failure if reused. Analysis of failed rebuilt units show micro cracks in compressor wheel bores.
- Solenoid Control Valve The Solenoid Control Valve utilizes stricter control parameters to regulate oil flow through the unit. These controls minimize the amount of oil direct to the turbine end seal to reduce turbine seal leakage.
- Turbine Wheel The multiple cycles of the 6.0L application can cause high cycle fatigue of the turbine blades. When a 6.0L turbocharger is reworked it is unknown how many cycles are on the turbocharger which can lead to premature failure. Extended cycles can cause tip failures which can be mistaken for foreign object damage.
- Center Housing All new Garrett 6.0L Replacement turbos contain the up-dated center housing with a machined recess. The machined recess helps vent the moisture that could settle under the unison ring and minimize the corrosion in the contact area between the ring and housing. The machined recess allows toxic liquids to bypass the delicate variable geometry mechanism to reduce buildup and interface friction. Brand new units feature these upgrades for extended turbocharger life on 100% of all units.
- Unison Ring A brand new unison ring used with new vanes insures proper clearance thereby assuring superior turbo and engine performance. Eliminate problems associated with salvaged unison rings that increase side clearance with vanes that cause sluggish throttle response.VNT MechanismThe leading cause for replacement is corrosion within the
- VNT Mechanism. Operating conditions of the 6.0L engine cause the turbo VNT mechanism to wear significantly in a normal lifecycle. Rebuilt units that salvage the mechanism can shorten turbo life. All new parts solve these problems.
- Variable Geometry VanesTypical high mileage vanes show extensive vane tab wear. Reuse of vanes can result in VNT mechanism malfunction. Garrett's all new aftermarket 6.0L turbocharger contains a new vane design with improved metallurgy for better performance and life. Remanufactured units may have slow vane response which can have performance and or emission implications.
- 100% NewStock Sized / Stock Replacement
- Over 20 New Engineering Upgrades
- 2-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
Navistar Part# 1832159C91 & 1845178C98Ford Part# 4C3Z6K682CDRM