The SPADE series (Standalone Programming And Diagnostic Equipment) makes the highest quality tunes on the market available in a simple to use OBD style flash tool. The tunes represent the best in drive-ability, reliability, and power. The SPADE system is the first hardware to ship pre-loaded with tunes of this caliber. No emailing, laptops, or learning curves needed. Each SPADE has the ability to tune up to eight vehicles (with up-charges per each vehicle).
In addition to simplifying the programming process, the SPADE series has the ability to run diagnostics and log data for analysis. In a custom tune refinement situation this logged data can be sent to a DuramaxTuner.com rep to facilitate changes or aid with troubleshooting. Updated tuning files can be sent remotely in the same manner as logged data, making the SPADE tunes field upgradeable.
Duramax Tuner Single Tune Spade includes 1 tune built to your specifications. Choose this option if you're looking for just a single tune. Typically this option is used in the following situations:
- P0087 Fix On 2006-2007 Trucks
- Speed Limiter or Other Reduced Power Tunes on Company/Work Trucks
Custom Information: When it comes to custom tuning, its important that we know all the information about your truck to provide you with the best tunes for your application. Youll see several text boxes above that require specific details about your truck. Follow the guide below to help explain the questions above.
Vin Number: Please enter your 17 digit VIN number in UPPERCASE letters & numbers.
Tire Size: If stock, simply put Stock. If your tires are larger than factory please enter the tire size found on your tire.
Turbocharger: If stock, enter stock. If aftermarket, please enter the make and model of your current turbocharger.
Injectors: If other than stock, please enter size and brand.
EGR Modifications: EGR race track kit.
Built Transmission: Transgo Jr. is not considered a built trans. Please select No above.
Other Modifications: Describe any other alterations to your engine, exhaust or emissions system that we should be aware of.
Tune: What tune would you like? Optimized Stock, Heavy Tow, Light Tow, Sport Economy or Race. Note: Tunes are custom and can be tailored to your specifications.
- Optimized Stock: Power output near stock Refined timing table for lower EGT's & higher efficiency
- Heavy Tow Tune: LBZ +60rwhp, LB7/LLY +40RWHP Refined timing table for lower EGT's Throttle pedal revised for simplified low speed trailer manuevering. Built for towing loads from 8000lbs to gross vehicle weight. Equipped with turbine break which utilizes variable geometry turbo to increase braking capacity while towing (2006-2007 models only) Up to 120 braking hp at 3000 rpms (2006-2007 models only) Turbine breaking is only active in tow haul mode at 0% throttle and greater than 1800 RPM (2006-2007 models only)
- Light Tow Tune: LBZ +80rwhp, LB7/LLY +60rwhp Refined timing table for lower EGT's & Throttle pedal revised for simplified low speed trailer maneuvering. Built for towing loads under 8000lbs Equipped with turbine break with utilizes variable geometry turbo to increase braking capacity while towing (2006-2007 models only) Up to 120 braking horsepower at 3000 rpms (2006-2007 models only) Turbine breaking is only active in tow haul mode at 0% throttle and greater than 1800 rpm (2006-2007 models only)
- Sport Economy: LBZ, +100 rwhp stock trans /+160 on built trans, LB7/LLY +80rwhp Best balance of power, efficiency & reliability Low smoke output Throttle sensitivity increased for less throttle input, quicker shifting and less average RPM in daily driving situations Revised boost table for less back pressure during highway cruising
- Race Tune Stock Trans: +130 rwhp Maximum hp tune for stock transmission If abused, can shorten the life of your stock trans. Typically will run mid 14's near 93 MPH on a truck setup for drag racing
- Race Tune Built Trans: +230 rwhp Designed for racing, sled pulling or embarassing Fords & Dodges This tune represents the maximum effort a Duramax engine equipped with stock turbochargers and injectors. Generally makes 510rwhp &550rwhp depending on the supporting mods. Typically will run 12.7-13.2 @ ~140 MPH in a truck setup for drag racing.