The SXE line of turbos is the latest innovation in turbochargers. The SXE turbos comes standard with 360 thrust bearings for longer turbo life and able to withstand higher boost levels and drive pressures. The SXE line also comes standard with a billet wheel for quicker spool up and increased airflow. The turbos require a T4 mount. They will not mount on a stock turbo platform. The SXE turbos come as a "super core". A super core turbo is without an exhaust housing. This allow some people to reuse their housing if coming from a turbo that has a compatible housing. If you need a housing simply choose the one you need from the add on menu above.
66mm SXE is the all-new update for BorgWarners legendary S366. SX-Enhanced turbos redefine performance, durability and value for modern turbochargers. SXE turbos utilize latest generation billet compressor wheels, updated turbine wheel aerodynamics and up-rated journal bearings with 360 degree thrust assemblies. Borg Warner engineers started with their 91mm EFR9180 compressor wheel design, trimmed to 72% and 66mm for an airflow rate of 94lb/min. This all new wheel is packaged in a purpose built SXE compressor housing with ported-shroud inlet and speed sensor port. It is paired with a traditional Airwerks 80mm Inconel turbine and flexible housing options. Smaller overall dimensions than the EFR9180 and higher airflow rates make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power applications. Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
- Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW)
- Extended Tip Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91.4mm Compressor Wheel
- Inducer: 66mm Max Flow Rate: 94 lb/min Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4.0 Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5 Hose Coupler Turbine Specifications
- Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX
- Turbine Wheel Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm Housing Material: D5S sandcast
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics all-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband Interchangeable with existing
- Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades