Driven Diesel DD-73L-IAHDelete Air Intake Heater Delete Plug
The Intake Air Heater (IAH) can be found in 99.5+ 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel trucks. It's located in the Cold Side Inlet of the intake manifold on the engine and blocks approximately 20% of the intake path and creates turbulence in the air intake. This turbulence and restriction is a simple fix with this kit. Since the heater is RARELY active due to the very specific circumstances under which the PCM enables it, many customers have removed it in and replaced it with a plug like the one shown above to improve air flow.
Features of the Driven Diesel IAH delete plug:
- Custom Machined from Billet Aluminum
- Black Anodized Finish for Protection and Appearance
- Recessed 1/8" Female NPT Tapped Port (for use with either a boost gauge fitting or a water/methanol nozzle*)
- Black 1/8" NPT Plug Included
- 1-1/8" Hex Size for Easy Installation
- Optional Quick Disconnect Fitting for Standard 1/8" Boost Line
- Available as part of a complete "IAH Boost Gauge Install Kit"
*IMPORTANT WATER/METHANOL NOZZLE NOTE: This fitting has been tapped with a TAPERED 1/8" female pipe thread. Standard 1/8" NPT fittings (like those used for boost gauges) will fit perfectly. The Water/Methanol nozzles that we have tested have a straight thread and will NOT turn far enough into the IAH fitting without modification. If you wish to use the IAH Plug for a Water/Methanol nozzle location, you will need to carefully tap the port with a 1/8-27 NPT tap UNTIL THE NOZZLE FACE IS AT LEAST FLUSH WITH THE INSIDE FACE OF THE IAH PLUG. If the nozzle face is left recessed into the threaded port, the spray from the nozzle can hit the inside of the port and significantly compromise the spray pattern of the water system (potentially causing a "flooding" scenario that could damage the engine). If you have ANY questions about modifying the plug for this purpose, please don't hesitate to call or email and ask!