68RFE BD 1030362 Protect 68 Control Unit
To increase the performance of the 68rfe transmission you need to improve the shifting and reduce clutch slipping. That's exactly what this line pressure upgrade kit can give you. Through the valve body separator plate and electronic upgrade box you'll see better throttle controlled firmer shifts.
BDs ProTect 68 Trans Pressure Control kit adds 150% more torque holding force to stock transmissions like no others can. Kit includes a new designed valve body separator plate and a Pressure Control module that delivers up to 250 PSI clutch apply pressure providing 150% more holding force above stock to prevent clutch slippage. All of this without modifying the transmission pump or removing the transmission.
The ProTect 68 Electronic Pressure Controller dynamically adjusts the hydraulic apply pressures based on turbo boost/ engine load. The modules dynamic control ramps up the much larger sweep right up to 250 PSI mainline pressure as needed dependent on engine load which creates turbocharger boost dynamically. This is not accomplished with any other aftermarket engine tuner.
Installation takes 2-to-3 hours to complete without having to do a full transmission relearn since no internal tolerances have changed. A fresh stock transmission will have the ability to handle up to 500hp. For higher power or demands, a complete BD 68RFE transmission with additional clutches and new designed components is recommended.
- 56% more theoretical holding power
- Custom valve body separator plate with gaskets increases line pressure while stopping internal cross leaks
- Pressure Control module delivers up to 250 PSI clutch apply pressure
- Dynamically adjusts hydraulic apply pressures based on turbo boost/engine load
- Dynamic control ramps up the much larger sweep
- Prevent clutch slippageInstallation takes 2-to-3 hours
- No full transmission relearn required - quick relearn suggested
- A "fresh" stock transmission will have the ability to handle up to 400hp-450hp