BD 2001100 Variable Vane Electronic Exhaust Brake
This kit uses the variable vane turbocharger. The variable vane design used in diesels today can reduce turbo lag, emissions and increase power and it can also be used to slow you down. BD utilizes this technology by electronically closing off the turbine vanes which can create up to 130 retarding horsepower. This braking force will help to maintain your speeds on descents and curves, giving you better control of your truck and load. The Variable Vane Exhaust Brake rotary switch offers three different modes including: Stock, Vane Control Only and Vane Control with Aggressive Downshift. Easily and simple installs by plugging into existing factory ports any by mounting the rotary switch on your dash.
- Delivers up to 70psi exhaust backpressure
- Electronically closes off turbocharger vanes to provide engine braking
- Can create up to 130 retarding horsepower
- Helps maintain speeds on descents and curves
- Better control of your truck and load.
- Different modes including automatic downshifting keeping engine rpm and engine retarding force high
- Integrated with the cruise control to automatically accelerate and decelerate to maintain vehicle speed
- Easily installs by plugging into existing factory ports
- In-dash 'Push To Engage' Button