Descending grades with trailers can be hazardous and tricky situations, resulting in over heated service and trailer brakes, that leads to brake fade, excessive wear, and costly unwarranted repairs. BD Engine brake has been the industries time proven VARIABLE REGULATING BACK-PRESSURE EXHAUST BRAKE.
Controlled by a lighted On/Off toggle switch or optional stick-mounted rocker switch for manual transmissions, the BD brake communicates with the engines electronic idle verification board for quick engagement. Using BDs exclusive Variable butterfly Technology, providing peak retarding power throughout the engines rpm range unlike some models that rely on a hole/orifice within the butterfly to calibrate back-pressure only in the higher engine RPM .
For modified Turbo and engine applications: Got a modified or twin-turbo application? BD offers a remote mount exhaust brake that incorporates all of our standard technology found in our turbo mount units in a 4 free flowing design that wont impede the exhaust flow and performance enhancements you worked so hard to achieve.
The BD Brakes rugged cast-iron housing incorporates BDs exclusive AlumiBronze bushing and positive sealing piston ring, no blind holes for carbon and rust to form, and miles of leak free retarding.
All BD Brake kits come complete with the brake, air compressor (where applicable), mounting hardware, port to monitor the brakes retarding performance, complete instructions and most models come with EGT port.
- BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Spring loaded cylinder
- ressure regulation
- Provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- All mounting hardware are made of corrosion resistant stainless steel
- There's a reason why the BD Brake is the most widely-recognized diesel exhaust brake in the industry: It's the best! Compare it to the competition, and you'll see why.