The 6.7 Dodge Cummins BD-Power Remote Mount Exhaust Brake 2013-2018 is the strongest engine brake system you can get for the money. Descending grades with trailers can be hazardous and tricky situations, resulting in over heated service and trailer brakes, that lead to brake fade, excessive wear, and costly unwarranted repairs.
Controlled by a toggle switch, the BD-Power Remote Mount Exhaust Brake provides peak retarding power throughout the engines rpm range, unlike some models that rely on a hole/orifice within the butterfly to calibrate back-pressure only in the higher engine RPM .The advantage to regulating the butterfly vs. other brands is: The Butterfly is constantly exercising thus reducing the possibility of carbon and rust deposit forming that can cause premature ware and binding. Furthermore no maintenance or lubricating is required providing miles of trouble free service.
The BD Brakes rugged cast-iron housing incorporates BDs exclusive AlumiBronze bushing and positive sealing piston ring, no blind holes for carbon and rust to form, and miles of leak free retarding. All BD Brake kits come complete with the brake, and the hardware needed for installation.
- Ideal for applications where installed aftermarket performance turbo will not facilitate turbo mount exhaust brake
- BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Spring loaded cylinder
- Pressure regulation
- Provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- All mounting hardware are made of corrosion resistant stainless steel
- An air compressor is included in most kits for newer pick-up trucks
- There's a reason why the BD Brake is the most widely-recognized diesel exhaust brake in the industry: It's the best!
Compare it to the competition, and you'll see why.