The Aurora 5000 is an extreme high performance turbocharger that is great for added horsepower and torque on your 1998.5-2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins. The 72mm inducer on the turbo is a significant jump in performance over the stock charger. This turbo has the capability to reach over 850hp with supporting fuel modifications and aggressive tuning. The increased air volume will utilize all fuel injected into the cylinder creating a more complete and efficient combustion event. This will result in lower EGTs, high horsepower capabilities, and a more efficient/powerful torque curve.
The ATS Aurora 5000 kit includes all necessary hardware for a smooth installation. This turbo is not the ideal choice for towing heavy loads, however, some customers have positive feedback about daily driving with this turbo. Complete with all hardware, 4-inch down pipe, 5 to 4-inch intake tube and 3.5-inch compressor discharge pipe. Boost levels of 70 PSI are possible with this turbo.
NOTE: Use of head studs is recommended with this turbo kit.
- Ability to support 850hp
- More efficient and powerful torque curve
- Designed for street/drag strip/sled pulling performance
- Lower EGTs under higher horsepower applications
- Reduces turbo "bark" due to ported compressor housing design
- Great performance gains
- Perfect for high HP applications
- Great for racing and competition