Standard in all transmission packages, and available individually, is the ATS Five Star Torque Converter. This torque converter is built to handle daily driving and towing duties while delivering reliable performance. The ATS Five Star Torque Converter for the 5R110 transmission features 160% more combined clutch surface, 2 times more friction surfaces and 20% more piston surface area over stock converters. Increased piston surface area gives you increased clamping force, while the billet cover, piston and retaining ring give you increased reliability. Furnace brazed impeller vanes, balanced rotating components, with patented square lug design, two piece construction, and a 12-bolt cover design.
- Patented Viskus clutch drive system for increased efficiency
- Billet cover with patented square flank drive
- Square tab construction (not round)
- Viskus disc CNC laser cut clutch plates
- Billet piston with patented flank drive tab design
- Proprietary ATS exclusive clutch formulation with unique bonding technology (ensures 100% chemical bond)
- Redesigned spring dampener supports increased torque loads
- 4340 hardened turbine splines provide longevity and reliability
- Fully welded turbine and impeller vanes
- CNC stator with high flow windows increase oil flow, providing increased efficiency
- Full roller bearing construction between high load areas
- 4340 CNC cut pump drive hub locked into impeller housing
- Plasma welded for unsurpassed strength
The ATS Five-Star utilizes an optimized stall speed that features improved torque multiplication. With factory torque multiplication at approximately 1.25:1, the ATS Five-Star boasts 2.4:1. This occurs when peak engine torque is achieved. Increased torque multiplication results in improved vehicle response, towing and driving ability. Every Five Star comes standard with a 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty. When the most efficient torque converter is required, look no further than ATS Five-Star Torque Converter.