Not your typical remanufactured turbocharger. This turbo has upgraded ball bearing packs that are far superior to the factory Ford bearings. The factory turbo charger fails prematurely because of the extra load exerted by the heavy double back compressor wheel. This failure has been eliminated with the upgrade of our HD bearing pack. This turbo is an excellent upgrade over stock when being used to simply replace your failed turbo charger or upgrade the power of your 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.
NOTE: This Aurora VFR turbocharger is designed and tested to be used in conjunction with all factory after-treatment systems intact.
- Removal of any after-treatment devices will cause a turbocharger overspeed condition and major damage to the bearing system can occur.
- All factory emissions systems must be intact for warranty coverage of your Aurora VFR Series turbocharger.
- Maintaining oil quality and using correct viscosity recommended per manufacturer guidelines is required to keep turbocharger warranty in effect.
- ATS recommends letting any turbocharger cool down for upwards of 2 minutes after driving or towing under harsh conditions, this prevents "oil coking" and subsequent bearing failure by keeping bearings cooled and lubricated while oil is still extremely hot.
- Upgraded steel ball bearing packs
- High-temperature stainless vane pack
- New HSM bearing housing
- New HSM compressor housing
- New solenoid
- New electronics
- Uses factory pedestal and quick connect lines.
- 2-year warranty